From take out and delivery, we’ve made a shift to eating out in restaurants lately, and that means new food finds!
Here are some of the new restaurant menu items I have discovered over the past few weeks that I highly recommend:
1. Buffalo Chicken Pizza – Delivered from South End Pizza in Egg Harbor Township. Although I have had both the soft and warm versions, the soft is my favorite. The pizza has a great sweetness that pairs with Buffalo sauce and blue cheese for a great taste!
2. The Mile High Sandwich – Al fresco dining at Tailgaters in Galloway. We measured and the roast beef is really stacked a mile high! Tender roast beef served with au jus and horseradish on the side. (A little of each is perfect, thank you!) Pairing it with the great fries or the awesome onion rings might be your toughest decision.
3. Buffalo Chicken Nachos – take out from Chickie’s and Pete’s in EHT. Apparently I like Buffalo chicken food, eh? The taste of blue cheese shines through in every bite of this delicious appetizer !. What to share everything for an aperitif!
4. The Wings – Outdoor Dining at Point Tiki Bar in Somers Point. If you didn’t go there their freshman last summer, you have to check it out this summer. On the grounds of the former Baia / Waterfront restaurant. The main building has disappeared and only al fresco dining remains. The wings are more fabulous than their brief description on the menu: “Crispy Spicy Honey Jerk Wings.” Just take a bite and fall for the flavor of honey, mango and more. The best wings outside the Pic-a-lilli Inn!
5. Potato salad – take out at Bob’s Seafood in Absecon. Yes, I didn’t expect this to make a list of the best foods, but it does. A last second decision to add a pound of potato salad to an order turned out to be a great decision. What is this herb? Is that dill? Delicious!